1.5 kg pork loin
3 garlic cloves
2 tbsp oregano
1 tsp Tarragon
1 tsp marjoram
2 tbsp Parsley
1 orange orange zest
100 ml orange juice
100 ml Lemon Juice
150 ml extra virgin olive oil
Salt and freshly ground black pepperto taste
I love discovering in the kitchen those dishes that, with four things, are transformed into authentic culinary delights. This is the case with today’s meat recipe, roast pork, roast pork (Lechon Asado). Roast Pork is a typical Cuban dish, which although it requires a lot of time, I assure you that it is worth it, the result is an exquisite pork that your family and friends will taste.
In the purest style of the classic roast beef, we prepare a pork roast with loin meat that will be perfect to take both hot and cold. The meat is juicy and full of flavor thanks to the sauce in which we cook and marinate it. Part of the secret of the success of this dish is precisely the marinating of the meat that we leave from one day to the next until it is impregnated with flavor. I can’t forget to mention that the better the meat, the better the result. If we get a quality pork tenderloin, we will have a show roast pork.
One of the way in which I enjoy this meat the most is in sandwiches. I assure you that a good meat sandwich, a Cuban prepared with this roast meat at home, will be a real marvel.
How to Prepare Cedro Asado:
- In a bowl we prepare the marinade. We include orange and lemon juices, olive oil, salt and ground black pepper, marjoram, tarragon, parsley and oregano. We mix well and reserve.
- We place the pork tenderloin in a container and cover it with the liquid. We will give it some cross sections and let it macerate for 12 hours. We can do this preparation at night to have it ready the next day.
- Place the pork loin with the fat side up, in a suitable ovenproof dish and cover it with half of the mojo marinade, reserving the rest. We place the whole garlic in the source and, with the oven previously hot to 220º C, we bake with heat from above and below, without a fan, for 30 minutes.
- After this time we cover the meat with the rest of the mojo marinade that we have reserved and put it back in the oven. We lower the temperature to 190º C and let it cook for 30-35 more minutes.
- The piece that we have baked is 1 kilo and a half, which would be a total of 60 minutes of baking. If the piece is larger, estimate 35-40 minutes per kilo.Be careful because each oven is different and yours may need to vary the temperature.
- Once we have the meat ready, we remove it from the tray and cover it with aluminum foil for about 30 minutes to settle and redistribute the juices.
- We strain the sauce resulting from the roast and put it in a container to serve as an accompaniment.
- We can enjoy this hot roast pork, accompanied by some potatoes and part of the baking sauce. Also save it to enjoy as a sandwich. If you are using it for a sandwich, then cut them on the thinner side. I assure you that in any of these options, this is a yummy bite.