- 1 sheet ready rolled puff pastry
- 1 eggbeaten, (or use milk)
- 50 grams Pesto
- 100 grams grated pecorino cheese
- 125 grams mozzarella cheese
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- 2 bunches cavolo nero
- 1 fresh chilli
- 1 pinch black pepper
- Preheat oven to 220°c
- Remove the stalks from the cavolo nero and cook in salted boiling water for 5 minutes or until cooked.
- Unroll pastry sheet onto a baking tray and spread the pesto over the sheet, leaving a 2.5cm border around the edges.
- Cut the cherry tomatoes in half.
- In a bowl mix the tomatoes, chilli, cavolo nero and the pecorino cheese.
- Add the mixture to the pastry and spread evenly.
- Brush the border with beaten egg yolk or milk.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes until the pastry has risen and is deep golden in colour.