- 250 grams quinoa flakes9 ounces
- 10 fluid ounce buttermilk
- 12 large fresh green shrimp/prawns
- 5 fluid ounce vegetable oilfor frying
- Sea Salt
- black pepper
- 9 ounce cooked white quinoa
- 6 fluid ounce light coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon agave syrup
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1 Limezest and juice
- 1/2 bunch cilantro / coriander leaves
- 1/2 fresh pomelo or ruby grapefruit
- 2 kaffir lime leaves
- In a medium-sized pot with a lid, place the cooked quinoa, coconut milk and agave syrup and bring to a simmer.
- Simmer for 5 minutes until all the liquid has been absorbed.
- Stir with a fork to separate the grains then add the fish sauce, lime zest and juice, and cilantro leaves.
- To make the buttermilk shrimp, place the quinoa flakes onto a small plate and the buttermilk into a small bowl.
- Pass the shrimp through the buttermilk then coat with the quinoa flakes.
- Place in the fridge for 10 minutes before frying.
- Heat the oil until hot in a non-stick frying pan then shallow-fry the shrimp for approximately 2 minutes each side, until golden and crisp.
- Drain on a piece of paper towel and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Tear the segments of grapefruit into random pieces and stir through the quinoa.
- Sprinkle with some shredded kaffir lime leaves to serve.