- 4 cups Brussel Sproutstrimmed and cut in half
- 1/2 raw bacon
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider
- 1 tablespoon fresh flat leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 knob butter
- black pepper
- Heat oil in cast iron skillet. Add the bacon and slowly cook until the fat begins to render. Brown the Brussels sprouts in the bacon fat and season with salt and pepper.
- Place the skillet in a 375 degree oven and roast uncovered for 8 minutes.
- Remove the Brussels sprout from the oven and add the cider and cook until the cider is completely reduced. Add a touch over of butter and the freshly chopped herbs.
- Finish the dish with some freshly cracked pepper and crunchy sea salt.