¼ cup all purpose flour
¼ cup rye flourou can use spelt or buckwheat too
¼ tsp Salt
1 large egg
½ cup Milk
2 tsp melted brown butter
1 Tbsp Molino Arbequina Olive Oil
Salt and pepperto taste
4 Tbsp crème fraiche
Recipe by Chef Halley Zelicoff developed for Regalis Foods, a fantastic marketplace for gourmet foods (incl. caviar).
How to Make Brown Butter Rye Crepes with Caviar:
- Mix the flours, salt, egg, milk, and melted butter in a blender until smooth.
- Cover and let rest in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- If your batter is too thick, you can add a splash of water to thin it down.
- Preheat your nonstick pan or crepe pan over a medium heat.
- Pour about ¼ cup of the batter and swirl the pan to coat the bottom. Cook for 1-2 minutes until the sides begin to release, then flip and cook for an additional minute.
- Transfer to a plate and continue until all the batter is used.
- Fold your crepes however you desire and top with fresh dill.
- Garnish with crème fraiche and caviar.