1 cup Milk
3 teaspoons vanilla
3 teaspoons brandy
1 can (14 oz) condensed milk
1 cup (12 oz) Evaporated Milk
1 1/2 cup Lemon Juice(about 8 lemons)
35 to 40 medium cookies(galletas marías)
Grated coconutto taste
How to Make Pavé Dessert:
- In a bowl or heat-resistant baking dish, combine the milk, vanilla, and brandy.
- In blender, blend the condensed milk, evaporated milk, and lemon juice for 3 minutes.
- One by one, take the María cookies, dip them into the milk, brandy, and vanilla mixture for several seconds, making sure the milk covers the cookies completely.
- Do not leave the cookies in the milk mixture for too long or the cookies will soften and fall apart.
- Place one layer of cookies on the bottom of a baking dish or tray until it’s covered, and place several cookies around the edges of tray.
- Pour a third of the milk and lemon juice mixture over the layer of cookies on the bottom of the baking tray.
- Dip more cookies into the milk mixture and place another layer; then a layer of the milk mixture, repeat once again; end with a light layer of milk.
- When you’re done, you will have a total of three layers of cookies and three of milk.
- Place in the refrigerator for at least 5 hours.