- 10 medium biodynamic red onions
- 2 litres elderflower Vinegar
- 1 kilogram Water
- 1 kilogram hay cheese
- 500 grams rye bread
- 100 grams beetroot juice
- 20 grams Squid Ink
- 40 grams Buttermelted
- dried nettle
- dried dandelion
- nastursium leaves
- small ramson leaves
- rosette cress
- water cress leaves
- ramson flowers
- Peel the onions and cut of the base.
- Simmer in the vinegar until just cooked then allow to cool.
- Once cool remove each shell by pulling it through the bottom.
- Set aside 12 perfect shells then cut 12 more shells into rings.
- Cut the cheese into 3cm squares then place in a pot with the water.
- Warm gently for an hour until the cheese is melted given all its flavor to the stock.
- Pass and season with salt.
- Cut the Rye bread into a 2cm dice then mix with the juice, squid ink, butter and salt.
- Toast in an oven at 165 degrees C until crisp.
- Blend to a crumble in a food processor then season with the dried herbs.
- Warm the onions gently in the vinegar.
- Arrange on the plate and add the herbs and flowers around.
- Serve the cheese sauce on the side and finish with the crumble.