2 lbs or 1kg beef shankcut into segements
2-3 pcs corncut into 3 parts each
1 medium red onionpeeled and sliced in thick parts
2 tbsp. Saltor according to taste
1 tsp whole-grain black pepper
1.2 liters Water
2-3 pcs potatoespeeled and quartered
2 bunches pechay baguionapa cabbage
2-3 pcs onion leekschopped
In the Philippines, the bulalo recipe is one of the most commonly sought recipes. Bulalo is within the top ten comfort foods for Filipinos. A simple and easy recipe can work magic for a mother to alleviate her husband’s’ and child’s long and tiring day.
How to Make Beef Bulalo:
- Put the beef shank, corn, onion, salt, and pepper in a pressure cooker with water for 30-40mins. If using a deep pot, boil for 1.5 – 2hrs or until the meat is fork-tender. Remove any scum formulation as it rises.
- Add the potatoes and additional pinch of salt (the saltiness will vary according to your liking and palate).
- Simmer for another 5-8 minutes or until potatoes are cooked.
- Then add pechay baguio and onion leeks for a minute or two.
- Cover pot, then turn off heat.