- 8 potatoes
- 8 endiveschicons
- 1 clove of garlic
- 150 grams Roquefortor blue cheese
- 50 grams Grated cheeserefined
- 100 millilitres Creamor concentrated milk
Baked Endives with Roquefort Cheese or Endive Gratin is a classic of the Belgian cuisine, although this dish is also very popular in France. Commonly known as chicons or witlof in Belgium, Belgian Endives are a great choice for a healthy, vegetarian meal.
How to Make Baked Endives with Blue Cheese
- Clean the potatoes and cook them with their skin still on.
- Cook the endives (chicons).
- Pour the milk or cream into a baking dish.
- Preheat the oven at 180°C. Press and add the garlic.
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into slices.
- Arrange the potatoes on a baking tray and add pepper.
- Arrange the endives on top of the potatoes.
- Crumble the blue cheese on the tray and cover with refined cheese.
- Cook until brown (about 10 minutes) in the preheated oven.
Photo credit: toutlevin.com