- 15 l Veal Stock(made out of bones)
- 10 l veal demi glace
- 3 kg veal minced meat
- 2 kg mirepoix
- 600 g egg whites
- 500 g celeriacoffcuts
- 150 g roasted hazelnuts
- 50 g celeriacoffcuts
- 50 g Water
- 20 g Sugar
- 70 g hazelnut oil
- 4 celeriac
- Hazelnut cream
Celeriac and Morel Candies
- 300 g celeriac peels
- 50 g morelsdried and soaked
- 200 g Olive Oil
- 50 g hazelnut oil
- 50 g celeriac vinegar
- 30 g Salt
- 200 g celeriac vinegar
- 4 g kapa
Dressing Young Linden Leaves
- 50 g young linden leaves
- 100 g lovage oil
- 50 g celeriac vinegarmade out of celeriac recuts and offcuts
- 20 g pear reduction
- 7 g Salt
- 1% Kuzuon the quantity of veal consomme’
- lovage oil
- pear reduction
This is an amazing dish served at Hiša Franko last season created by Head Chef Ana Roš called Baby Veal Consommé | Celeriac, Mountain Baby Veal, Lovage Oil, Morels.
Check out our interview with Chef Ana Roš.
How to Make Veal Consomme:
Make an amazing consomme and clarify it with a help of minced meat, egg whites and mirepoix.
How to Make Hazelnut Cream:
- Bring to boil sugar, vinegar, celeriac offcuts and water. Let it infuse for a few hours.
- Strain and blend with hazerlnuts, emulsify with hazelnut oil.
How to Make Celeriac Roll:
- Peel the celeriac and cut it with japanese mandoline to equal stripes.
- Spread over the celeriac and realise rolls.
- Cut them to single portions.
How to Make Celeriac and Morel Candies:
- Confit the Morels and peels in olive oil on 80 degrees for 2 hours. Strain the oil and preserve it for the next time.
- Blend the mashrooms and celeriac peels with the rest of ingredients.
- Put into silicone molds and freeze.
- Take the 200 grams of celeriac vinegar and 4 gr kapa. Bring the 2 ingredients to 82 degrees and coat inside the frozen celeriac. Let it set on the room temperature.
How to Make Dressing Young Linden Leaves:
Mix all ingredients together out of any temperature and dress the linden leaves just before the service.
How to Make the Plating:
- Add 1% kuzu on the quantity of veal consomme’ you are using. Bring to boil and keep in simmering for 10 minutes.
- Roast the celeriac roll from both sides in non stick pan
- Place on the top the celeriac candy.
- Cover with linden leaves.
- Finish with drops of lovage oil and pear reduction.
Photo credit: Suzan Gabrijan
Photo credit: Without a Compass