- 300 grams eggplant
- 60 grams tahini
- 60 grams tomatoes
- 10 grams Onion
- 1 Garlic
- 40 millilitres extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Italian Parsley
- Sea Salt
- pepper from the mill
- mint sprigs for decoration
- 20 millilitres Lemon Juice
A delightful dip, which holds its own without needing to be part of the Mezzeh (Please also see the recipe and description of Hummus). Perfect on grilled Bruschetta, or with savory crackers, Lavosh or crisp Papadums.
- In order to achieve 300 g (10 oz) of eggplant pulp, use approximately 500 g long, Naples or Asian type eggplants.
- With a small fork, pierce the eggplants on several places and then grill them over open fire until they are well soft and lightly charred on the outside.
- Dip in ice water for just a few seconds, cut them lengthwise in half and scoop out the inner pulp with a spoon. Set a side and chill well.
- Chop the eggplant pulp to the desired fineness and ½ he virgin olive oil and all other ingredients.
- Season with the sea salt and pepper form the mill to taste.
- Dress into the serving dish and drizzle with the remaining virgin olive oil just before serving.