1 cup long-grain white ricewashed
4 cinnamon sticks
2 cups Water
4 cups Milk
1 Pinch Salt
2 tablespoon Butter
1 ½ tablespoons vanilla extract
1 cup Sugar
1 12 oz can Sweetened Condensed milk
Arroz con leche is one of the most popular Colombian desserts. This Colombian-style rice pudding is sweet, creamy, delicious and very easy to make.
How to Make Arroz con Leche Colombiano:
- In a small pot, put the water and cinnamon sticks, bring to a boil and cook for 10 minutes. Set aside and discard the cinnamon sticks.
- Place the rice and the cinnamon water in a large saucepan over a medium heat and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the salt, butter, vanilla extract, 2 cups of milk, and sugar. Stir well to mix and cook uncovered for approximately 15 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to medium low. Add the remaining milk and condensed milk.
- Stir with a wooden spoon. Cook for 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until the rice pudding thickens to the desired consistency.
- Stir well, remove from the heat, and let it cool at room temperature. The consistency should be very creamy.
- Refrigerate for a least 1 hour or overnight.