- 320 g White Rice
- 200 g Chicken Breastchopped)
- 800 ml Water
- 4 fresh Sausagescut into pieces
- 1 small Red Pepper
- 3 Chinese Onions
- 4 Eggs
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- sunflower oil
- 1 tablespoon Sesame Oil
- fresh coriander
- 100 ml soy sauce
- A pinch Salt
Arroz Chaufa Peruano is a dish that originated from the fusion of Chinese and Peruvian cultures. This dish mainly consists of fried rice accompanied by bits of chicken and meat and an egg tortilla. An absolute classic of Peruvian cuisine, this dish is mainly served at special stalls or locales known as “Chifas”.
How to Cook Arroz Chaufa Peruano
- To prepare the white rice, add a few drops of sunflower oil to a casserole dish and, as soon as it is hot, add the rice and lightly toast it for a few seconds.
- Remove the rice and then add the water and a pinch of salt. Add two and a half parts of water for each one of rice. Cook it on a medium heat until the water has evaporated, which should be about 17 minutes. Then set it aside.
- To prepare the rice accompaniment, beat the eggs in a bowl with a pinch of salt. Heat a pan with a little oil and, when it is very hot, make an omelet with the eggs. Once cooked, slice the omelet and set it aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of sunflower oil in a wok and, once it’s very hot, add the grated ginger and the chopped chicken. Fry the meat until you see that it begins to brown.
- Do the same with the sausages that you cut into pieces and the cut vegetables (the pepper and the Chinese onion). Sauté, remove it, and mix it with the chicken.
- Add some more sunflower oil and a touch of sesame oil. Incorporate everything with the white rice and soy sauce. Put everything together so that the flavors are mixed.
- Add the omelet and the cilantro and integrate it with the rest of the ingredients.
If you love Peruvian food, check out our article on the top 15 Peruvian foods (recipes and photos included).
Photo credit for the dish goes to: https://micomidaperuana.com