8 large applespreferably a variety of flavours:tart, sweet etc
2 tablespoon Sugar
1 tablespoon Lemon Juice
1/4 cup Water
The Dutch love eating applesauce (or appelmoes as they call it) as a condiment with their main course. It’s very much part of the everyday family meal in Holland.
How to Make Appelmoes:
- Peel, core, and chop the apples.
- Add with sugar and water to a saucepan with a heavy bottom and slowly bring to a simmer.
- Cover and simmer the apples until done.
- Leave it chunky or smash it slightly to create a finer texture.
- Taste and adjust the sweetness or the flavor of cinnamon as prefered.