¾ cup heavy creamchilled
¼ cup powdered sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
½ cup sour cream
4 cups mini marshmallowseither regular or fruit-flavored ones (rainbow colors)
1 ½ cups sweetened shredded coconut
11 ounces mandarin oranges(1 can) well drained
¾ cup maraschino cherriesstems removed
1 cup pineapple tidbitswell-drained
With its silky sweet, whipped-cream-based “dressing”, plenty of soft mini marshmallows, and an abundance of juicy, colorful fruit, ambrosia salad may be a bit different from those you’re used to seeing around potlucks and parties, but I promise you that it’s every bit as good… if not better!
How to Make Ambrosia Salad:
- In a clean, medium-sized bowl, combine the heavy cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract.
- Use an electric mixer to beat on high speed until stiff peaks form (the mixture should reach a Cool Whip consistency)
- Add the sour cream and stir until well-combined.
- In a separate large bowl, combine the mini marshmallows, coconut, oranges, maraschino cherries, and pineapple. Stir to combine.
- Pour the whipped cream/sour cream mixture over the ingredients and stir until everything is evenly combined and all ingredients are covered.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least one hour before serving.
- Be sure to drain the fruit really well if you’re making this salad more than on hour ahead of time.
- You can put all the fruit in a colander and let it sit to drain and dry for about an hour (if you want to wait that long). This will keep the salad from getting soupy while it sits.