12 oz vermicelli noodles
1/2 cup Water
3 cups Milk
1 cup Sugar
1 lemon rinds
6 Egg Yolks
2 tablespoons Butter
2 teaspoons cinnamon powder
Aletria is a Portuguese Sweet Pasta dessert. It is kind of like the pasta version of Arroz Doce, or Sweet Rice. It is quite a unique and traditional Portuguese dessert.
How to Make Aletria:
- In a saucepan, put 2.5 cups milk and 1/2 cup water and heat until it boils.
- Now add the sugar, lemon rind, and butter.
- Stir well.
- Reduce to a medium heat.
- Finally, add the vermicelli noodles and mix again.
- Let simmer for about 3-4 minutes.
- Beat the egg yolks well and then add them to the saucepan along with the last 1/2 cup milk.
- Stir well as it simmers for another 3 minutes.
- Once done, pour it into a serving dish.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon powder.