- 160 grams air-dried venison meat verythinly sliced, alternatively use air-dried beef or Parma ham
- 210 grams Feta cheese
- 60 grams virgin olive oilgood quality
- 90 grams green olivespitted good quality olives, cut in wedges
- 40 grams red onions
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 lemonjuice only
- pepper from the mill
Air dried venison or other game meat is considered a specialty throughout winter in many European countries. In order to preserve the meat gained during the short hunting season, for usage throughout the winter, drying, curing and salting are popular methods.
- Combine the feta cheese, olives, garlic, herbs and red onions in a bowl and marinate with the virgin olive oil and the lemon juice. Season to taste with the freshly ground pepper from the mill.
- Arrange the finely sliced air-dried venison meat around the plate and dress the Feta-olive salad into the middle.
- Season the venison meat with a few turns of freshly ground pepper from the mill.