Cod, Cauliflower Mousseline, Spéculoos with Thyme Butter, Hazelnut and Xérès Emulsion
- Filet the cod.
- Place it into 10l of water with 60 gr of dissolved sea salt for 15 minutes (this prevents the fish from losing moisture during cooking).
- Portion the cod into 160 gram pieces.
- Cook on the flat top grill to get a nice crust on the skin (7-8 minutes).
- Wash, trim and crush the cauliflower, put it in a vacuum bag with milk, chicken bouillon and the aromatic bouquet.
- Cook in a steam oven (90 °) until the cauliflower detaches on finger pressure (+/- 35 minutes).
- Drain and put in the thermomix with butter and a little cooking liquid.
- Strain through a fine sieve, cool and vacuum pack it.
Hazelnut and Xérès Emulsion
- Melt the brown butter, then add the hazelnut oil and then the Xérès vinegar vinegar and the veal jus.
- Emulsify and adjust seasoning.
- Keep at room temperature.
- Soften the butter, add the powdered speculoos.
- Mix with a spatula evenly and add the salt and thyme leaves.
- Store at room temperature in order to make dumplings.
- Mandolin the cauliflower floret and keep between 2 moistened wipes before dressage. Roast the whole hazelnuts at 160 ° for 8 minutes and keep in an airtight container.
- Wash and put branches of pimpernels and fresh thyme.
- Dress the plate as pictured.