Jean-Luc Lefrançois has been appointed chef at two major establishments in the French catering industry belonging to Oetker Collection, L’Apogée Courchevel for the winter season and Château Saint-Martin & Spa for the summer.
This talented professional will be leading two opuses with one orchestra.
Jean-Luc Lefrançois, who was born in Rouen, has 30 years of experience in the field of top- level gourmet cuisine. His grandfather, Léon, who was a baker by trade, gave him his love of cooking and his appreciation of shared pleasure.
He joined the Hotel Le Bristol Paris at the age of 18 as commis chef and later went into the Army to do his military service, where he became private chef to General Moreau. Cooking is really a true passion, and one that he cannot live without.
Jean-Luc Lefrançois has been working in the finest gourmet restaurants in Paris, from the Ritz to the Hotel de Crillon as well as the restaurant run by Hélène Darroze, Le Relais Louis XIII, Chez Prunier and the Restaurant Dominique Bouchet.
He describes his cooking at L’Apogée Courchevel, as well as at Le Château Saint-Martin & Spa, as traditional, instinctive, refined and pleasing to the eye, with plenty of flavour. “My favourite food is light, simple, precise and creative.” He also shares his love for local produce, and likes to enhance traditional recipes to create an authentic type of cuisine.
His passion shines through in all his gourmet dishes, as you will see when you taste his specialities: cream of Jerusalem artichoke, fine chicken quenelle with truffles or knuckle of veal caramelised with fir tree honey and parsnip mousseline not forgetting his line-caught sea bass in a pistachio crust, and polenta with black olives.
The general manager of L’Apogée Courchevel and the Château Saint-Martin & Spa, Duarte Bon de Sousa, says he is “delighted to welcome Jean-Luc Lefrançois into his team as head chef. Jean-Luc loves his job which will give free rein to his ability to delight all gastronomes and offer gourmet pleasures for all.”
A promising winter season for L’Apogée Courchevel, which you can come and experience as of 12 December this year.
ABOUT OETKER COLLECTION
Oetker Collection is one of the most inspiring selections of masterpiece hotels in the world. The name ‘masterpiece hotels’ includes a pledge; a commitment to provide service of the highest quality, every hour of every day. The pearl as a symbol combines singularity, beauty and quality. The individual pearls bind together to form a unique string of pearls.
Each property is one-of-a-kind, reflecting the unique European heritage and sharing the highest levels of service internationally with exceptional and historic architecture & interiors combining with great attention to detail.
Oetker Collection embraces nine luxury hotels:
* L’Apogée Courchevel – a luxury chalet with a warm and family atmosphere offering the most desirable skiing experience at the top of Courchevel 1850 in the French Alps.
* Brenners Park-Hotel & Spa – an iconic grand hotel, amidst a sprawling private park in Baden-Baden, Germany. The historic Villa Stéphanie will soon open its doors to offer Europe’s most refined and innovative spa experience.
* Le Bristol Paris – an authentic vibrant French palace completely refurbished, the ultimate reference for Parisian art-de-vivre, ideally located on the prestigious rue du Faubourg St-Honoré.
* Château Saint-Martin & Spa – a romantic chateau of excellence nestled in the heart of Provence, boasting breathtaking views over the Mediterranean coastline.
* Eden Rock – a luxurious retreat in St Barths built on a rocky promontory, surrounded by white sandy beaches, and turquoise sea; French art-de-vivre in the heart of the Caribbean.
* Fregate Island Private – a jewel of conservation featuring lush forest, wild fauna, and overlooking the crystal waters of the Seychelles. Unique on the Planet.
* Hotel du Cap-Eden-Roc – a legendary luxury hotel at the centre of a scenic private park, where old-world glamour meets modern luxury at the tip of the Cap d’Antibes.
* The Lanesborough London – classically British service in a remarkably refined and charming grand residence.
*Palais Namaskar – a peaceful oasis with contemporary and sophisticated design set in the Palmeraie, the most exclusive residential area in Marrakech.